- Written by Lucky
Why is it so important to keep a journal?
“Keeping a journal will absolutely change your life in ways you’ve never imagined.” – Oprah Winfrey
Here are just a few of the benefits a personal journal will provide you:
* A journal will remind you of your goals and the actions you are taking towards them. It is very important to write down your goals every day.
* It allows you to factually track your progress as you head closer towards your goals. Here is an example: Suppose you had set a new goal to lose 20 pounds in the next 3 months. Record your weight in your journal each day. Performing this action will help you to track your progress and now you will be able to see trends in your weight loss that you would not have seen without the journal.
* A journal provides detail data about items such as dietary changes, calorie reductions, fat reduction, or any other items you would like to track.
* It will help build your self-esteem because you are reaffirming the positive benefits you are achieving each day as you get closer to your goals.
* It helps to paint the picture every day of who you are becoming.
* When you see positive results you will be energized and optimistic.
Here are a couple of simple journal tips:
1. Keep a simple, short log, it’s easy, and it usually only takes 1 minute of your time.
2. Each day, make short entries into your journal, list such things as your attitude, emotions, diet, weight, responses to situations and conditions in your life.
For example: when the goal is to have a healthy heart, these are some of the items to keep track of:
1. Your cholesterol levels,
2. Your blood pressure, and
3. Your weight loss.
Try this simple little exercise. Get out a note pad or a sheet of paper and a pencil. Look at your watch. When the second-hand hits 12, start timing yourself as you write down the following information:
Friday – Felt great all day. Weight 135 pounds. Walked briskly for 20 minutes. Had healthy almonds and buymyhouse7, sans-serif; font-size: 18pt; color: #000000;”>nuts for snacks.
It will take you approximately 1 minute to write the above journal entry. Yet, in that 1 minute, you created an important snapshot of important data in your life. You now have historical data you can refer to as time goes by, to help you track your progress as you move towards your life goal.
I know how well this works. For the past 2 years, I have kept a simple, yet informative log of every day of my life. I can tell you exactly how I felt on Monday, January 2, 2017, or any day since. I can look back and see how I reacted to issues in my life and what helped me overcome illness, injury or stressful period in my life.
It will take approximately two minutes to record an entry in your log each day. It is a habit that has become a part of my life; it is now second nature for me. If you have a computer, I recommend typing just three to four lines of descriptive text into a word processing program each day to track your daily journey buy cbd.